top of page

Feedback and Complaints

DRAS likes to hear from you – whatever you have to say!

Complaints are an opportunity to improve.

Phone: 08 8351 9500


Disability Rights Advocacy Service Inc (DRAS) takes its mission to safeguard and promote the rights and interests of people disability, their family carers very seriously.  DRAS respects the rights of all our clients to be heard, informed, and to have a say in how their service is delivered.  We believe that if you have not received the service you deserve or have a complaint, then you have a right to complain and we must respond.


A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction or concern made to DRAS by, or on behalf of, an individual, group or member of the public, relating to DRAS’ services, policies or processes. A complaint may be about the agency or its policies, an employee, a Board member or the CEO.


DRAS will make sure that any complaints will be looked into with honesty and without making any judgements.  We will also respond to complaints fairly, consistently and as quickly as possible.


People can complain if they are not satisfied with the way DRAS operates or the work practices of its employees.

Areas that people can complain about include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Decisions about client ineligibility or the cessation of assistance;

  • The quality of service received;

  • Feeling unfairly treated because of age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, or disability type;

  • Feeling a DRAS employee has not treated them with dignity and respect or has acted in an unprofessional manner;

  • An employee makes derogatory and or offensive comments, even if this was made in jest;

  • An employee makes them feel uncomfortable by touching or making inappropriate sexual advances to him/her;

  • The release of confidential information about them without their consent; and

  • They believe that their Advocate has not faithfully represented them because of a conflict of interest or a conflict of interest had not been disclosed to them.


To make a complaint to DRAS you can contact us:

Call: 8351 9500

Text: 0488 805 972


We will pay for interpreters if you speak a language other than English.


We encourage you to try to resolve your problem with the person you have a complaint about first, but welcome complaints as a way to improve our service.


You can find a detailed description of our process and a form for a formal complaint below.


You may also find our fact sheet on self-advocacy very useful to help you prepare your complaint.  You can find it under Fact Sheets & Resources on our website.


Our process involves:

  1. Try to resolve your complaint with the person you have a complaint with.

  2. If you are not satisfied with step 1or feel you cannot talk with this person, contact the Complaints Officer (CEO).

  3. The Complaints Officer will investigate and tell you their decision within 30 days.

  4. If you are unhappy with the Complaints Officer’s (CEO) written decision, you can contact the Chairperson of DRAS.

You can find more detailed information about the DRAS complaints procedure and our formal complaints form below.


At any time, you are welcome to contact the Complaints Resolution and Referral Service.  They are part of the Government department that funds DRAS.  CRRS’s contact details are:


Department of Social Services’ Complaints Resolution and Referral Service.  Details of how to use CRRS can be found at

To make a complaint:

Call 1800 880 052 (toll free)

Callers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can contact the National Relay Service (NRS) by calling 1800 555 677 then asking for 1800 880 052

Callers from a non-English speaking background can use the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) by calling 13 14 50

Submit your complaint via the Online Complaints Form.

bottom of page